Subject: bug#11051: 24.0.94; `widget-complete': Remove quote for `widget-complete-field'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:50:15 -0700

1. Here is the backtrace, BTW:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument commandp
widget-complete-field)
* call-interactively(widget-complete-field)
* (cond ((functionp data) (funcall data)) ((consp data) (let
((completion-extra-properties (nth 3 data))) (completion-in-region (nth 0 data)
(nth 1 data) (nth 2 data) (plist-get completion-extra-properties :predicate))))
((widget-field-find (point)) (call-interactively (quote widget-complete-field)))
(t (error "Not in an editable field")))
* (let ((data (widget-completions-at-point))) (cond ((functionp data) (funcall
data)) ((consp data) (let ((completion-extra-properties (nth 3 data)))
(completion-in-region (nth 0 data) (nth 1 data) (nth 2 data) (plist-get
completion-extra-properties :predicate)))) ((widget-field-find (point))
(call-interactively (quote widget-complete-field))) (t (error "Not in an
editable field"))))
  widget-complete()
* call-interactively(widget-complete nil nil)

2. But won't fixing this by removing the quote lead to an infloop:
`widget-complete' calling the command bound to `M-TAB', which invokes
`widget-complete'...?

Not sure the logic of this code is correct anymore, since it was last changed.