Subject: Re: bug#11044: bug & RFE

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:34:05 -0600

On 03/19/2012 12:46 PM, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> The web bug:  the symlink to coreutils.html from index.html is missing

Aargh.  This was my fault, due to a recent complaint about the
coreutils.en.html symlink not working.  I had applied this commit:

> update to latest symlink conventions
> 
> Per https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.webmastering.html,
> index.html is automatically created, and any link that looks like
> a translation of html can no longer be created via .symlinks, but
> must instead be done via redirections.

since according to that web page:

> As a special case, if a page with the directory's name exists, and index.html does not exist, a link will be made from index.html to the main page.

But maybe that only happens on directories where a .symlinks file
exists, and the fact that I removed .symlinks for coreutils.en.html
broke the index.html linking?

At any rate, I'll quickly fix that by re-adding .symlinks.

As for fmt, I'll let others chime in; it's the sort of thing where a
patch speaks louder than requests.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org