Subject: bug#11034: Binutils, GDB, GCC and Automake's 'cygnus' option

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:39:48 -0600

>>>>> "Stefano" == Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]> writes:

Stefano> On a second though, by double-checking the existing code, I
Stefano> couldn't see how the 'cygnus' option could possibly influence
Stefano> the location of the generated info files -- and it turned out
Stefano> it didn't!  Despite what was documented in the manual, the
Stefano> 'cygnus' option did *not* cause the generated '.info' files to
Stefano> be placed in the builddir (see attached test case).

It certainly does for me:

    barimba. pwd
    /home/tromey/gnu/baseline-gdb/build/binutils
    barimba. grep '^srcdir = ' Makefile
    srcdir = ../../src/binutils
    barimba. find . -name 'binutils.info'
    ./doc/binutils.info
    barimba. find ../../src/binutils -name 'binutils.info'
    barimba.

How did you test it?
If you built from a distribution tar, then it is expected that the info
file would be in srcdir.

Tom