Subject: bug#11034: [PATCH 0/2] cygnus: deprecate and remove

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:45:41 +0200

The first patch deprecates support for Cygnus style-trees.  It is meant
to be applied to the 'maint' branch, so that it will appear in the next
Automake maintenance version (1.12.1)

The second patch removes support for Cygnus style-trees altogether.  It
is meant to be applied (on the top of the first one) to the 'master'
branch, so that it will appear in the next major Automake version (1.13).

I will push in a couple of days.

Regards,
  Stefano

-*-*-*-

Stefano Lattarini (2):
  cygnus: warn when it's used (flagged as 'obsolete' now)
  cygnus: remove support for Cygnus-style trees

 NEWS                                 |   24 ++++++++--
 automake.in                          |   57 +++++------------------
 doc/automake.texi                    |   79 +-------------------------------
 lib/Automake/Options.pm              |    5 +-
 lib/am/dejagnu.am                    |   29 ++----------
 lib/am/texinfos.am                   |   21 ---------
 t/clean2.sh                          |   68 ---------------------------
 t/cygnus-check-without-all.sh        |   50 --------------------
 t/cygnus-dependency-tracking.sh      |   73 -----------------------------
 t/cygnus-imply-foreign.sh            |   60 ------------------------
 t/cygnus-no-dist.sh                  |   84 ----------------------------------
 t/cygnus-no-installinfo.sh           |   53 ---------------------
 t/cygnus-no-more.sh                  |   46 +++++++++++++++++++
 t/cygnus-requires-maintainer-mode.sh |   53 ---------------------
 t/flavor.sh                          |    5 +-
 t/library.sh                         |    2 -
 t/list-of-tests.mk                   |   10 +---
 t/txinfo5.sh                         |   38 ---------------
 t/txinfo5b.sh                        |   41 -----------------
 19 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 709 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100755 t/clean2.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-check-without-all.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-dependency-tracking.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-imply-foreign.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-no-dist.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-no-installinfo.sh
 create mode 100755 t/cygnus-no-more.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/cygnus-requires-maintainer-mode.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/txinfo5.sh
 delete mode 100755 t/txinfo5b.sh

-- 
1.7.9.5