Subject: bug#11024: closed (Re: bug#11024: 24.0.94; etc/HELLO error (or duplicate) for Dutch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11024: 24.0.94; etc/HELLO error (or duplicate) for Dutch

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11024: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11024
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11024: 24.0.94; etc/HELLO error (or duplicate) for Dutch
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:22:43 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.0.95

I removed the second one, since HELLO is more for demonstrating
character sets than providing a comprehensive list.

Subject: 24.0.94; etc/HELLO error (or duplicate) for Dutch
From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:42:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In etc/HELLO there are the two lines:

Dutch (Nederlands)	Hallo / Dag
Nederlands, Vlaams	Hallo / Dag

Since all other languages are named by their English designation,
the second entry should probably be named "Belgian Dutch (Vlaams)"
or "Flemish (Vlaams)".

OTOH, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Belgium#Dutch>
says that the language is officially called Dutch which would make
the line a duplicate.