Subject: bug#11018: 24.0.94; Edebug: bindings shadowed by view-mode

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:16:08 +0100

Hi,

in emacs -Q, open an elisp file and enable `view-mode'.

Now, instrument any defun in this buffer and eval something that
causes that function to be called.

You enter an edebug session, but nearly all edebug bindings won't work
because they trigger `view-mode' bindings in this buffer instead.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
 of 2012-03-12 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120312-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.94/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.94/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2''