Subject: Re: bug#11018: 24.0.94; Edebug: bindings shadowed by view-mode

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 02:48:58 +0100

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> > You enter an edebug session, but nearly all edebug bindings won't work
> > because they trigger `view-mode' bindings in this buffer instead.
>
> Every edebug binding is also available under the C-x X prefix.

Yes, that's `global-edebug-prefix'.  In the header, there is a typo,
here:

;; If you wish to change the default edebug global command prefix, change:
;; (setq edebug-global-prefix "\C-xX")
         -------------      

There is no binding for `edebug-next-mode' (i.e. n in `edebug-mode-map')
in `global-edebug-map' (why?).

I would have to type C-x X SPC C-x X SPC ... to step through the code -
a pain in the ass.

I don't have an elegant solution for this problem.  It is not a problem
especially with `view-mode'.  All minor mode bindings shadow
`edebug-mode-map' which is used as local map.

If there was an `edebug-mode-hook', then the user could deactivate
interfering minor modes there.

Michael.