Subject: 24.0.94; emacs-lock--kill-emacs-query-functions should ding

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 05:48:48 +0100

Hello,

if I lock a buffer and try to exit Emacs, I only get a message:

  "Buffer %S is locked and cannot be killed"

This is IMHO not enough.  If the user tries to exit Emacs while there
are locked buffers, he obviously has forgotten about these locks.  So,
there should be a (ding) to attract the user's attention.

Without this, the user will possibly continue saying "yes" to the
expected questions Emacs typically asks, and accidentally modify some
buffer, which is annoying.

Thanks,

Michael

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
 of 2012-03-12 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120312-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.94/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.94/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2''