Subject: bug#11013: gnus-use-full-window incompletely implemented

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:10:00 -0400

> * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2012-03-14 16:17:54 +0100]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I just discovered gnus-use-full-window=nil and I am totally thrilled
>> with a full-screen Emacs frame which gnus does not hijack.
>> However, a couple of nits have to be picked:
>>
>> 1. gnus-bug did delete all the other windows and hijack the frame.
>> my mail-user-agent is gnus-user-agent.
>
> I think I've fixed this now in No Gnus.

good!
gnus-version
==> "Gnus v5.13"
which one is that?

emacs-version
"24.0.94.4"

>> 2. I can have two *Summary* buffers side but only one *Article* buffer,
>> and as soon as I hit enter in one *Summary* buffer, the window with the
>> other *Summary* buffer disappears. I wish I could read two newsgroups
>> side by side!
>
> Do you have `gnus-single-article-buffer' set?

gnus-single-article-buffer
nil

I was wrong, sorry. The buffer is there, but it is not displayed.

Here is what happens.
I have a maximized emacs frame.
I split it side-by-side (C-x 3).
I make the left window show *Summary group1*
and the right window show *Summary group2*.
I hit RET in the left window.

EXPECTED behavior: left window is split below (like C-x 2) and the
*Article group1* is shown below the *Summary group1*. The right window
still shows *Summary group2*.

ACTUAL behavior: *Summary group2* disappears and the whole frame is
hijacked by *Summary group1* and *Article group1*.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://memri.org http://www.memritv.org
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/ http://thereligionofpeace.com
Oh Lord, give me the source code of the Universe and a good debugger!