Subject: bug#10996: 24.0.94; Splash screen causes first character to beep with emacsclient

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 00:42:35 +0800

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Aaron Meurer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Maybe it matters that I start emacsclient with emacsclient -a "" -nw.
>>
>> You can start the daemon with emacs -q --no-site-file --no-site-lisp
>> --daemon (basically, turn everything off except for the splash
>> screen).  If I do that, it reproduces nicely.  I'm assuming that the
>> above switches sufficiently isolate me from my configuration.
>
> Thanks, I can reproduce this now.  Looks like a regression against
> 23.4.

This regression was introduced by the following commit.  I think somehow
the keymap of the splash screen is getting applied to the first
character typed into the emacsclient frame (which should be in the
scratch buffer).  The commit log does not record any bug or rationale
for the commit.

Stefan, could you take a look?

  revno: 105993
  committer: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
  branch nick: trunk
  timestamp: Mon 2011-10-03 16:50:54 -0400
  message:
  * src/keyboard.c (read_key_sequence_remapped): New var.
  (read_key_sequence): Compute remapping in the right buffer.
  (command_loop_1): Use read_key_sequence's remapping directly.