Subject: bug#10990: 24.0.94; Uncompressing files

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:50:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> usually a symbolic link gunzip -> gzip is sufficient.  Only that you
>> are running on Windows and Windows doesn't have symbolic links.
>
> Actually, starting with Vista, it does.

I glossed over that detail since they aren't very useful for users
(require elevated administrative privileges to create and change).
Also, see why they are useless for Cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-10/msg00756.html

I suspect the same problems would appear if you were to try and use them
from within MSys.  Maybe symbolic links from Windows into Cygwin/MSys
would work, however.  I'll have to try that some time, it would probably
make integration with NTemacs a bit smoother.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds