Subject: 24.0.94; filename "emacs.desktop" collides with kde xy*.desktop logic

From: Thomas Rikl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:55:38 +0100

Can you please give the "~/.emacs.desktop" an other filename
resp. extension or (default path)
than ".desktop". It collides with some KDE mimic which i don't want to
describe here. I think an extension of ".el" or default name like
".emacs-desktop.el" would be perfect. I mean the file created as a
result of (desktop-save-mode 1)  in the startup-file.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2012-03-09 on aptosidbox
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11104000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--prefix=/data/emacs'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-dbus''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/tom/quicklisp/slime-helper.el (source)...done
Wrote /home/tom/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 0 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
call-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex hides /data/emacs/share/emacs/site-
lisp/auctex/tex
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-style hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/multi-prompt hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-bar hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/toolbar-x hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/context-nl hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/latex hides /data/emacs/share/emacs/site-
lisp/auctex/latex
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/context hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/font-latex hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-mik hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/context-en hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-en
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-font hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/prv-emacs hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/prv-emacs
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/texmathp hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-fold hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-buf hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-info hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/preview hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/preview
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/bib-cite hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-jp hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp
/home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-site hides 
/data/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils auctex-autoloads info easymenu
buffer-move-autoloads paredit-autoloads tuareg-autoloads caml-autoloads
package tabulated-list slime-autoloads preview-latex tex-site auto-loads
ido linum desktop time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)