Subject: bug#10977: detail from .xession-errors concerning .desktop extension of ~./emacs.desktop

From: "Th. Rikl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:59:04 +0100

kded(1748) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness: 
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed
kded(1748) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::setBrightness: 
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.setbrightness failed
kded(1748) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::setBrightness: 
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.setbrightness failed
kded(1748) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::setBrightness: 
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.setbrightness failed
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 1: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 2: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 3: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 4: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 5: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 6: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 7: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 9: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 10: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 11: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 12: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 13: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 14: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 15: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 16: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 18: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 19: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 20: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 21: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 22: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 23: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 24: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIni: In file /home/tom/.emacs.desktop, line 25: " Invalid entry 
(missing '=')
"KConfigIn

and so on for every line in .emacs.desktop. I knew my option to 
customize the filename and directory and i knew from eli z. that this 
filename is in use for emacs since 20 years or so.
I does not know, what KConfigIni is good for and intends to get from 
.emacs.desktop. In my eyes (perhaps only in the left ;-) ) it was easier 
to adapt the "desktop.el source" to avoid the extension ".desktop" to 
get out of the way for KConfigIni.

Thanks