Subject: bug#10976: bugreport tail (GNU coreutils) 5.97

From: Streit Andreas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:47:08 +0100

Hi,

i just tried the following command with more than one file:

tail -50 files_*.txt
i get an error:
tail: invalid option -- 5
Try `tail --help' for more information.

If i try the same command with only one file it works properly:
tail -50 files.txt

If i try the modified command with more than one file it works properly:
tail --lines=50 files_*.txt

regards

Andreas

------------------------------------------------------------
mailto:[email-masked]
tel.: +49 8669 31 2789
fax: +49 8669 32 2789
------------------------------------------------------------

DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
Dr.-Johannes-Heidenhain-Str. 5
83301 Traunreut, Deutschland
http://www.heidenhain.de/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registergericht: Traunstein / Registry Court: HRB 275 - Sitz / Head Office: Traunreut
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of Supervisory Board: Rainer Burkhard
Geschäftsführung / Management Board: Thomas Sesselmann (Vorsitzender / Chairman),
Michael Grimm, Matthias Fauser, Sebastian Tondorf

E-Mail Haftungsausschluss / E-Mail Disclaimer <http://www.heidenhain.de/disclaimer>