Subject: Re: bug#10974: [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:38:27 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Alexei Matveev <[email-masked]> skribis:

> For use from a Fortran program I am collecting API fixes for libguile.so
> as wrapper functions for what is provided to C-programs as macros.
> I noted that some of the macros are function-macros some are symbol
> macros. An example of the latter is
>
>   #define scm_to_int scm_to_int23

The macros in numbers.h that are “symbol macros”, such as
‘scm_from_int’, allow users to write code like:

  &scm_from_int

This wouldn’t be possible if these were function macros.

Thus, I think things will have to remain this way.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo’.