Subject: bug#10963: closed (Re: bug#10963: 24.0.94; `dabbrev-completion' and `completion-cycle-threshold')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:14:03 +0000

Your bug report

#10963: 24.0.94; `dabbrev-completion' and `completion-cycle-threshold'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10963: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10963
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10963: 24.0.94; `dabbrev-completion' and `completion-cycle-threshold'
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:43:45 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>>>>> "Dani" == Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

>> OK, I think it's fixed now, can you confirm?
> Confirmed.

> Thanks a lot.

> -- 
> Dani Moncayo

Subject: 24.0.94; `dabbrev-completion' and `completion-cycle-threshold'
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:18:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Eval: (setq completion-cycle-threshold 4)

2. Type: foo1 RET foo2 RET foo3 RET

3. Type: foo C-M-/

--> This "foo" expands to "foo3" (the first completion candidate -
ok), although the echo area shows a "Scanning for dabbrevs..." message
which remains there forever, until I send another command.  This is
confusing, because the message doesn't change even after that
"scanning" has ended.

4. Type: C-M-/

--> Expected result: the first completion candidate picked up in step
#3 ("foo3") is replaced with the next one ("foo2").
--> Observed result: the echo area shows the message
[dabbrev-completion: No dynamic expansion for "foo3" found] and thus
I'm unable to cycle through the completion candidates.

-- 
Dani Moncayo