Subject: Re: bug#10962: 24.0.94; Mac Cocoa build hides under menu bar

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:56:03 +0200

Peter Sturdza skrev 2012-04-12 02:53:
> Jan,
>
> I tried a build from the emacs-24 branch with your fix. It is better.
> However, I find that the top of the Emacs window will sometimes get
> pulled down if I aggressively resize by rapidly pulling the resize
> corner to the bottom of the screen. That didn't happen before (although
> it is a less objectionable problem).

This is expected.  We have to get rid of the whole resize-corner special 
case before this is properly fixed, but that was a too big change for 
24.1.  Try pulling down outside of the corner, at the bottom of the 
window, and you should not get that effect.

>
> I also happened to notice that with two monitors (laptop open with an
> external monitor plugged in) that your fix did not take effect. The
> commit message seemed to imply that this is expected.
>

Yes.  If there are two or more monitors, we want to be able to resize 
into the other monitor(s).  But we don't know how the monitors are 
related to each other, so we allow resizing outside the current window. 
Unfortunately this is the same thing that allows the faulty behaviour.

This may also go away when the special case for the resize corner is 
removed.

	Jan D.