Subject: bug#10961: weird messages on sending mail

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:13:31 -0400

> * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2012-03-14 00:49:16 +0100]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> gnus-activate-group("nndraft:marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.ess.general"
>> nil nil (nndraft ""))
>>   gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group(nil t)
>>   nndraft-update-unread-articles()
>
> Hm.  Looking at the code, it looks like the problem might be that the
> draft server thinks that it has all these bazillion "marks" groups, for
> some reason or other.
>
> If you eval `(nndraft-request-list)' and then look in the " *nnpd*"
> buffer, are all those groups there?  And if so, can you look in

yes:

marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.ess.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.lib.gnulib.bugs 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.devel 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.lisp.clisp.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.lang.r.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.nxml.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.jdee 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.lisp.common-lisp.implementation-hackers 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.java.beanshell.user 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.lisp.steel-bank.announce 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.announce 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.jdee.user 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.mathematics.pari.user 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.text.docbook.apps 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.bbdb.user 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.general 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.text.docbook.misc 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.lisp.cl-pro 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.lisp.clisp.devel 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.comp.version-control.git 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.help 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org.gmane.emacs.jdee.devel 0 1 y
marks.news.gmane.org 0 1 y
marks.news.gwene.org.gwene.org.slashdot 0 1 y
marks.news.gwene.org 0 1 y
marks.news.eternal-september.org.comp.lang.lisp 0 1 y
marks.news.eternal-september.org 0 1 y
marks 0 1 y
archive 0 1 y
clearspring 0 1 y
drafts 0 1 y

> `nndraft-directory' and see whether all those odd directories are in
> there?

nndraft-directory
"/home/sds/Mail/"
yes:
marks/news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.pari.user
et al

very ugly!
are these directories really necessary?
each one contains just the .marks file - it seems like all this could
live in just a single top-level file...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://truepeace.org http://iris.org.il
http://americancensorship.org http://dhimmi.com http://www.memritv.org
C combines the power of assembler with the portability of assembler.