Subject: bug#10944: 24.0.93; Gnus RSS repeating items

From: Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 23:08:02 -0300

I added an RSS feed via `G' `R' on *Group* buffer. After retrieving
the initial list of items, further retrievals added items that were
previously reported, as new; in the Summary buffer these items appear
repeated, with the time information being different by seconds.
RSS feed:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/new.rss?sort=new

In GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2012-02-04 on alejandro-desktop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: rcirc

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x b b i <return> C-x b n e w <tab> C-x b C-g M-x 
c u s t o <tab> <kp-subtract> t h <tab> <return> t 
a r <backspace> n g o <kp-subtract> d a <tab> <return> 
C-x k <return> M-x c u <backspace> <backspace> c u 
<backspace> <backspace> e n a b <tab> c u <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> t h <tab> <return> t a n g <tab> <return> 
s e s e C-x b g n <return> z C-x k <return> C-x b b 
i <return> C-x b s c <tab> C-x 5 0 M-x l i s t <tab> 
r <backspace> p r o <tab> <return> C-x o z C-x o C-x 
1 C-x 5 0 C-x b t w <tab> <C-home> <C-end> C-x b b 
i <return> C-x b b u <return> C-x b n e C-g C-x b b 
e r <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> n e w <tab> 
u <down> <down> <down> n n n n n n n n n n n n n n 
n n n n n n n n n n p s e s e <return> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> g <up> 
<return> C-c C-k C-x b b i <return> C-x b b u <return> 
C-x b b i <return> C-c C-n <kp-divide> a w y <backspace> 
a y <return> M-x g n u s <return> <return> <return> 
B m <up> <down> <return> q q y M-x r e p o <tab> r 
<tab> b <tab> C-g M-x e m a c s <kp-subtract> v e <tab> 
<return> M-x <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> C-g M-x r 
e p o <tab> r <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
(No changes need to be saved)
Saving /home/alejandro/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/alejandro/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/alejandro/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/alejandro/.newsrc.eld...done
Making completion list...
Quit
GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars) of 2012-02-04 on alejandro-desktop
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.93/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-dup smiley ansi-color gnus-cite pp
tango-dark-theme cus-theme cus-edit w3m-cookie mule-util w3m-bookmark
w3m-tabmenu w3m-session ffap qp gnus-html mm-url gnus-async gnus-bcklg
gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 netrc gnutls nnfolder bbdb-gnus
bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-demon
nntp gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win flyspell ispell
disp-table help-mode view url-cache network-stream starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw url-auth w3m-form newst-plainview newst-ticker
newst-reader newst-backend server memory-usage-autoloads package
tabulated-list rcirc iswitchb time cus-start cus-load bbdb-autoloads
delicious derived thingatpt delicioapi cl crm w3m-load text-translator
text-translator-window text-translator-vars text-translator-sites tramp
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ring tramp-loaddefs bbdb smtpmail
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume easy-mmode emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client emms-lastfm-scrobbler w3m browse-url
doc-view easymenu jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc
w3m-util xml parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr mailcap time-date
hl-line emms-streams emms-tag-editor format-spec emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc advice help-fns
advice-preload emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file dired regexp-opt emms-setup emms
emms-compat tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)