Subject: Re: bug#10944: 24.0.93; Gnus RSS repeating items

From: Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:40:20 -0300

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,
> If the items change their contents, then nnrss isn't able to keep track
> of which items are new and which ones are old.  Could that be what's
> happening?
I think so. The problem is that what it seems to be changing in the
contents are the timestamps, just by the second, so, IRL, it
isn't new content.
I really don't know how nnrss is supposed to work; I reported this
because it does not work right for me.
Sample feed:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/new.rss?sort=new

> Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I added an RSS feed via `G' `R' on *Group* buffer. After retrieving
>> the initial list of items, further retrievals added items that were
>> previously reported, as new; in the Summary buffer these items appear
>> repeated, with the time information being different by seconds.
>
> If the items change their contents, then nnrss isn't able to keep track
> of which items are new and which ones are old.  Could that be what's
> happening?