Subject: bug#10941: closed (Re: bug#10941: [24.0.93.3] cc-mode: error in message buffer when "typing fast", characters eaten)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10941: [24.0.93.3] cc-mode: error in message buffer when "typing fast", characters eaten

which was filed against the emacs,cc-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10941: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10941
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10941: [24.0.93.3] cc-mode: error in message buffer when "typing fast", characters eaten
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:19:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(At least partially) fixed.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: [24.0.93.3] cc-mode: error in message buffer when "typing fast", characters eaten
From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:14:43 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sometimes (quite often) when opening a different syntax region --- a
quoted string, or block comment --- in C++ mode, the first character
after it gets eaten with some error message shown in the echo area.  I
managed to create a surefire (at least here) way to reproduce it.

* save the attached file as 'test.cpp' (it is quite large, but when I
  tried to shorten it substantially, error disappeared);

* start Emacs as 'emacs -Q test.cpp';

* issue Elisp command right at the start of the buffer with M-: (this
  emulates fast typing):

      (progn (insert "/*") (insert " "))

  note that two separate inserts are essential, with one "/* " error
  is not triggered;

* observer the following error:

      Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid search bound
      (wrong side of point)")

Full Emacs version: GNU Emacs 24.0.93.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of 2012-02-25 on gonzo

Paul