Subject: bug#10935: closed (Re: bug#10935: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 04:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10935: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10935: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10935
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10935: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Rustom Mody <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:56:47 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rustom Mody <[email-masked]> writes:

> \' and \_ seem to be working correctly for udatta and anudatta
> emacs 28.0.50 and 25.1.1
> Though I dont perhaps have the fonts that I had when reporting the problem

Thank you.  In the hope that the bug has gone away, I'm therefore
closing this bug report.

If anyone else is seeing this problem with those specific fonts, they
will hopefully open a new bug report or reopen this one.

Thanks for reporting back.

Subject: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete
From: Rustom Mody <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:05:51 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The devanagari-itrans method does not translate the pipe '|' into the
devanagari danda । (unicode 964) but leaves it at | ASCII 0x7c
Note: The devanagari-inscript input method inputs the danda correctly.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)
 of 2011-09-10 on spike.0x539.de, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11102901
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/leim'
'--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cscope/xcscope hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xcscope
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cdargs hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tree-widget hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/tree-widget
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)