Subject: Re: bug#10935: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 07:13:19 -0800

Hi Rustom,

Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> writes:

> In article <CAJ+TeodbVmiqR=uW2WKrkDaebGoObPm5VH=[email-masked]>, Rustom Mody <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> All these additions are good and useful to me
>
> As those additions looks like useful for all
> devanagari-itrans users, and they are surely harmless, I've
> just installed them.
>
>> There is one related issue (probably in a different area of emacs).
>> When I enter the udatta or anudatta, an empty space gets created between
>> the letter and current point.  Just enter \' of \_ alone and you will see
>> what I mean.
>
> I think those spaces are part of the glyphs.  Please move
> cursor on it and type C-u C-x =.  What is reported in
> *Help* buffer?

(That was 8 years ago.)

I tried the devangari-itrans method on the current master branch, and
when I enter \' and then \_ I get two characters with no unexpected
whitespace between them.  Although, I don't have the correct font, so I
just see two thin squares.

Are you still seeing this issue on a recent version of Emacs, such as
the recently released version 27.1?

Thanks in advance.