Subject: bug#10934: 24.0.94; cperl system abbrevs fix

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:02:31 -0500

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> Thanks for the patch.
>>>> But cperl-mode maintainership is a bit delicate, so I prefer to minimize the
>>>> difference between our version and the upstream version.
>>>> IOW, please try and find a patch that is acceptable to Ilya (I suspect
>>>> that he'll want the patch to be backward-compatible).
>> 
>>> Do you mind if we install this for the emacs release? We can ask the
>>> author of cperl mode to incorporate it later.
>> 
>> I'd rather first get his agreement,

> It looks like this patch was not applied.  Leo, did you contact Ilya?

IIRC, Jonathan Rockway had agreed to maintain cperl-mode (he has a few
changes in his version which you can clone from
https://github.com/jrockway/cperl-mode).

Jonathan, where are we with that?

        Stefan