Subject: bug#10932: closed (Bug #10932: 23.4; imenu fails on c functions with pointers to function parameters)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 04:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10932: 23.4; imenu fails on c functions with pointers to function parameters

which was filed against the emacs,cc-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10932: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10932
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Bug #10932: 23.4; imenu fails on c functions with pointers to function parameters
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Chris Hecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 00:19:04 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

I see the problem in 23.4, but not in 24.3, so it seems to have been
fixed sometime in between.

Subject: 23.4; imenu fails on c functions with pointers to function parameters
From: Chris Hecker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:22:08 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list
and the gnu.emacs.bug news group, and at http://debbugs.gnu.org.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

imenu fails to find the Bar function in the following file, it only
finds Foo

--- func.cpp ---
void Foo( void )
{

}

void Bar( char const* q, void* p, bool (*f)( void ) )
{

}
--- func.cpp ---

Thanks for emacs, I love it!

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/apps/emacs/emacs-23.4/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002)
 of 2012-02-04 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --cflags
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C++/lw

Minor modes in effect:
  subword-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  icicle-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  nxhtml-menu-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-q <C-backspace> i n t C-x C-s C-n ESC ESC i M-p C-g
ESC ESC i * r e <tab> <return> C-g C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-f C-f
C-f <C-backspace> v o i d SPC C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-b <C-backspace> v o i d SPC C-e C-a C-x C-s C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n ESC ESC i M-p <return> C-g
C-g C-p C-p C-p C-e M-b M-b M-b M-b C-f SPC ) S-SPC
/ / SPC C-x C-s C-n C-n ESC ESC i M-p <return> C-g
C-p C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-e C-p C-e M-b M-b M-b M-b M-f M-f M-b <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> , SPC C-x C-s C-n C-n ESC ESC
TAB M-p <return> C-g C-p C-p C-e C-p C-p C-a C-p C-p
C-p C-p <C-end> <C-home> <switch-frame> <switch-frame>
^ C-n C-s c o n t e t C-s <backspace> <backspace> n
t C-s C-e <return> C-n C-n C-n C-s t e x t C-e <return>
<return> C-x k <return> C-n C-n C-n <return> C-x k
<return> C-p <return> C-x k <return> C-n C-n <return>
C-x k <return> <return> C-x k <return> C-p C-p <return>
C-x k <return> C-n <return> C-x k <return> C-n C-n
C-n <return> C-x k <return> C-n C-n <return> C-x k
<return> C-n C-n <return> C-x k <return> C-p <return>
C-x k <return> C-n C-n C-n C-p <return> C-x k <return>
C-; 5 0 <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-; 2
C-h i <tab> <tab> <tab> <return> C-s b u g C-s C-e
C-a C-s C-s C-s C-s <return> <return> C-x o ESC x r
e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote c:/Users/checker/dev/test/func.cpp
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text.
Loading vc-bzr...done
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text. [10 times]
Composing main Info directory...done
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Computing completion candidates...

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/checker/emacs/nxhtml/util/vline hides ~/emacs/lisp/icicles/vline
~/emacs/lisp/css-mode hides c:/apps/emacs/emacs-23.4/lisp/textmodes/css-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug vc-bzr image-mode multi-isearch
face-remap subword etags-select etags mb-depth two-column bookmark pp
icicles icicles-mode dired+ dired-x dired-aux dired icicles-cmd2
easy-mmode icicles-cmd1 icicles-mcmd help-mode icicles-mac icicles-fn
icicles-var icicles-opt edmacro kmacro ffap icicles-face thingatpt
hexrgb calc-vec calc-forms calc-misc calc-aent calc-prog calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs mel-mode browse-url prop-mode pfx-mode message
ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev nnheader gmm-utils mailheader canlock
hashcash mail-utils smtpmail sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums qp
mm-util mail-prsvr ibuffer ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff caml-font 7z-arc-mode cperl-mode
matlab derived tempo which-func imenu cus-edit wid-edit grep cus-start
cus-load cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs compile browse-kill-ring view checker-allout
checker-outline hmac-sha1 sha1 hex-util tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw
tramp-fish tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp regexp-opt auth-source
gnus-util netrc time-date advice help-fns advice-preload shell comint
ring password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver nxhtml-autostart
nxhtml-autoload majmodpri nxhtml-menu web-autoload nxhtml-base tex-site
server info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)