Subject: bug#10931: 23.4; inconsistency between open-tls-stream and open-gnutls-stream

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:58:50 +0100

Leo <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is due to the following form in open-tls-stream:
>
> (funcall (if (fboundp 'set-process-query-on-exit-flag)
> 		       'set-process-query-on-exit-flag
> 		     'process-kill-without-query)
> 		   process nil)

Yes, setting this here in this low-level part of `open-tls-stream' is
just not a good idea.

The changelog just says

+2009-02-07  Dave Love  <[email-masked]>
+
+	* tls.el (open-tls-stream): Don't query killing process.
+

which isn't very helpful, but looking at the code, I think I can
understand why it's doing this.  `open-tls-stream' needs (in some error
cases) to kill off the process/buffer it's created, and create a new
one.  In these error cases, having the user prompted is a bug.  I
think.  Possibly.  Although I can't quite see why, really.

But that's what should be fixed, and the
`set-process-query-on-exit-flag' shouldn't be done.  I'll see whether I
can dig up the original bug report to see what the real problem was...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/