Subject: bug#10928: 24.0.94; dired-mode on /proj/foo/bar gives error : dir-locals-read-from-file: Opening input file: No such file or directory, /proj/.dir-locals.el

From: Vardhan Varma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 18:45:35 +0800

Problem:

  Opening dired-mode on a directory which starts with '/proj/' give

  following error :

dir-locals-read-from-file: Opening input file: No such file or
directory, /proj/.dir-locals.el

  After this, the buffer comes out blank.

  Pressing 'g' in the buffer displays the dired-mode properly

-Thanx

 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)

of 2012-03-02 on _machine_name_

Configured using:

`configure '--prefix=/scratch/sw' 'CFLAGS=-I/scratch/sw/include'

'LDFLAGS=-L/scratch/sw/lib''

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: nil

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: nil

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

ESC [ > 0 ; 1 3 6 ; 0 c C-x C-f / p r o j / m i g RET

C-x b * M e s TAB RET ESC x r e p o TAB TAB r TAB -

TAB RET d i r s - l o c a l RET ESC O B ESC O B ESC

O B ESC O B ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C RET ESC O A ESC

O B RET ESC O A ESC O B ESC x ESC O A C-e ESC DEL ESC

DEL ESC DEL ESC DEL TAB RET

Recent messages:

("emacs")

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

dir-locals-read-from-file: Opening input file: No such file or
directory, /proj/.dir-locals.el

Making completion list...

Using a proxy for http...

Contacting host: proxy:8080

Reporting new bug! [2 times]

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr wid-edit network-stream starttls url-cache

url-http tls url-gw url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand

url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse auth-source eieio

byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util

password-cache url-vars mailcap emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml

mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev

gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util

mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu view dired regexp-opt time-date

tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar

dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow

timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu

font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan

thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech

european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook

jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces

cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env

code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote

make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting

font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any attachments immediately.