Subject: Re: bug#10907: 24.0.94; Updating display of Customize buffer

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:26:47 +0100

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:05:15 +0100 Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Ah, thanks.  I feared as much.  Is there really no way to reevaluate a
>>> defcustom in a running Emacs?
>>
>> Agreed that there should be some way to have a defcustom type that is
>> a bit more dynamic: no need to completely reevaluate the whole
>> expression, but being able to have a dynamic set of `choice's would
>> be helpful.
>
> Define a widget derived from menu-choice with custom :match and
> :validate methods.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll try taking a stab at it, but with my
level of competence and available time, it may take a while, if I
succeed at all (if anyone else beats me to the punch, please let know).

Steve Berman