Subject: 24.0.94; Incorrect display of "EMPTY SET" unicode glyph.

From: Felix Geller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:49:00 +0100

emacs -Q
M-x ucs-insert empty set RET

The displayed character is not an empty set symbol, but a square
symbol. This used to work fine until I updated to the 24.0.94 pretest
this morning. Please let me know where to post a screenshot.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.2.0, NS apple-appkit-1138.23)
 of 2012-02-27 on Ryo.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.0.94' '--without-dbus'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/Users/fgeller/.emacs.d/info' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=/usr/bin/llvm-gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O3 -w
 -pipe -march=core2 -msse4''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x u c s - i n s e r t <return> e m p t u y <backspace> 
<backspace> y - <backspace> SPC s e t <return> M-x 
e m a c s - b u <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> r 
e p p o <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> o <tab> 
r t - e m <tab> <tab> - q <tab> <return> u n i c o 
d e SPC p r e t e s t <return> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <return> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <left> 
<return> M-x r e p o t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r t <backspace> <backspace> o r t - e m <tab> <ret
urn>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
You can run the command `ucs-insert' with C-x 8 RET
Making completion list... [3 times]
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80
Reporting new bug! [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr wid-edit network-stream starttls url-cache
url-http tls url-gw url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util
password-cache url-vars mailcap emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu view time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)