Subject: bug#10876: Please mention format-time-string in "Time of Day"

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:01:39 +0100

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 05:39, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Please mention the function format-time-string in the elisp manual in
>> the chapter "Time of Day" (39.5 in my version here).
>
> Please explain why you think it deserves a special mention.  There are
> three nodes all about handling times, one after the other; it is silly
> to add links in every node to all the other neighboring nodes, unless
> there is a particularly good reason.

format-time-string is similar to current-time-string, but more
flexible. So they should probably be mentioned in the same place.

However maybe a better suggestion is to move current-time-string to
"39.7 Parsing and Formatting Times" and add a link to 39.7 from 39.5?
(Actually I think the whole part about "date and time" should be a
little bit reorganized. Having a heading "Date and Time" (instead of
"Time of Day") and subheadings for "Time Conversion" and "Time
Parsing" looks better to me.)