Subject: ange-ftp and open recent files

From: "David Strozzi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 16:27:16 -0700

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in emacs, although this may be too strong a
claim.  In particular, I use ange-ftp to edit remote files, and very
much appreciate this capability.  the problem is when I enable the
open recent item on the file menu.  I activate this in .emacs with:

(require 'recentf)
(recentf-mode 1)

During startup, I am asked for the password to one of the servers on
which I recently visited a file via ange-ftp.  This is rather
annoying.  Is there a way to disable this, or have a password
requested only when I actually try to view the file?

I am running emacs on a x86-64 machine with opensuse.  The precise
version info is below.

Cheers,
David Strozzi

PS - I am not subscribed to the list, so if you wish to contact me
please use my email address directly.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2008-09-17 on build11
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10500000
configured using `configure  '--with-gcc' '--with-pop'
'--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-leim'
'--with-xim' '--with-system-malloc' '--prefix=/usr'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' '--with-sound' '--with-xpm'
'--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png'
'--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--x-includes=/usr/include'
'--x-libraries=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/X11'
'--build=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu' 'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu'
'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fstack-protector -O2 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable
-Wno-unused-label -Wno-unprototyped-calls
-DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
'LDFLAGS=''