Subject: Re: bug#10844: 24.0.93; Slightly unclear help text about remapped commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:36:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Indeed, it's a bit confusing.  I'm thinking of something along the lines of:
>
>    ...
>    It is normally bound to C-x k,
>    tho the command is remapped to `ido-kill-buffer'.
>
> but I'm not satisfied yet.  Can someone help out find a wording that's
> sufficiently concise for those who know what's going on without being
> confusing for those who don't?

It is normally bound to C-x k,
but this keystroke is currently remapped to `ido-kill-buffer'.

"Command" is ambiguous, since `kill-buffer' is a command, and we want to
avoid saying the `kill-buffer' is "remapped", which is what confused me
in the first place.  :-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome