Subject: Re: bug#10837: bug of install program

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:43:08 -0700

[top-posting on technical lists makes it difficult to respond]

On 02/19/2012 08:07 AM, 陈燕潘 wrote:
> Thank you for yourreply, but I'mstilla little trouble.
> Because there is a directory d in 1/a/b/c.  So the command you recommend did not work well.
>  
> opensuse113:/home/test_install # install -d 2/a/b/c && install 1/a/b/c/* 2/a/b/c
> install: omitting directory `1/a/b/c/d'
> 
> How can I do please?

install was not originally designed for directory hierarchies, as
evidenced by the fact that you are running into issues when trying to
install both a directory and a regular file by the same install command.
 Maybe you are better off looking for alternatives like 'cp -R'?  Beyond
that, all I can suggest is breaking things into multiple steps; a first
step that installs the directories, and a second step that then installs
files within those directories.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org