Subject: bug#620: #620 - 23.0.60; Bootstrapping with the GNUstep port impossible - Emacs bug report logs

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:13:29 -0400

Yavor Doganov wrote:

> Adrian Robert wrote:
>> 
>> Someone else said they can't reproduce it,
>
> Maybe on Muck OS.  On GNU/Linux, I can reproduce it always on several
> hosts.

I have the same problem, also on random files, on 32-bit GNU/Linux.

On x86_64, I can't even get that far, since it segfaults trying to
make the autoloads, but I think that may be a different problem, so I
will file a separate bug for that.

>> As far as the loading-every-file-when-bootstrapping, I think this is
>> a general bug with CANNOT_DUMP handling -- so that should probably
>> be reported separately.

That's just what CANNOT_DUMP means. The files that would normally be
dumped have to be loaded every time.

> I see.  This is a practical problem, as my Pentium II was building
> Emacs for about a day until the failure.  Even on a powerful machine,
> it takes hours.

I can build it fairly quickly, if someone can suggest what debugging
info would be useful.