Subject: Re: bug#10812: Updates to coreutils

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:04:18 -0700

tag 10812 notabug
thanks

On 02/14/2012 07:36 PM, Terry Bowden wrote:
> I have a package dating back to 2005. Example:
> 04/21/2005  07:41 AM            23,552 basename.exe

> 
> Is there any later release?

Yes, coreutils 8.15 was released just this year.

Given the extensions on your file names, it looks like you are using a
Windows-based port of coreutils.  Might I recommend you look into the
cygwin project at cygwin.com, which includes coreutils 8.15 as part of
the installation?

Since this is not a bug report against upstream coreutils, so much as a
question better directed to the people that port GNU software to
Windows, I'm closing this report.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org