Subject: 24.0.93; `cancel-edebug-on-entry': many tiny problems

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:55:59 +0100

1. It is a user command, but is has no docstring.

2. The user can't find it easily: it doesn't start with "edebug".  I
needed to consult the source to find it.  Can we at least add
something like

  (defalias 'edebug-cancel-edebug-on-entry #'cancel-edebug-on-entry)

3. The prompt string "Edebug on entry to: " should include the word
"cancel".

4. Wouldn't it be better to limit the input to functions that are
instrumented?

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
 of 2012-02-08 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120208-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.93/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.93/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2''