Subject: bug#10805: 24.0.93; edebug-trace t may cause stuff being inserted into current buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:29:39 +0100

E.g.

1. emacs -Q
2. I write this into the scratch buffer:
     (defun f (x) (if (> x 0) (* x (f (1- x))) 0))
   and do M-1 C-M-x
3. M-: (setq edebug-trace t) RET
4. M-: (f 5) RET

Then, "{ f args: (5)" is inserted into *scratch*.

The bug is related to this commented code at the end of
`edebug-pop-to-buffer':

  ;; Selecting the window does not set the buffer until command loop.
  ;;(set-buffer buffer)

If I uncomment this call to `set-buffer', the problem disappears.

Seems the one who commented this line of code wanted to test if it is
(still) needed - seems it is.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
 of 2012-02-08 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120208-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.93/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.93/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2''