Subject: Re: bug#10783: Some built-in functionslost their argument names

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:40:13 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Deleting the doc-strings altogether from the duplicate definitions in
>> pc-win.el would make this problem go away.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but deleting the doc string from
> pc-win.el shows x-get-selection-internal as "not documented" in the
> MS-DOS build.

I hadn't got round to checking whether that happened, or whether it
picked up a doc string from one of the other definitions.
I was also thinking that there would not be many users of the MS-DOS
build wanting to look at the doc of the x-* functions, so rather than
you having to keep them in sync all the time, you could just remove
them. Eg there are already many compat x-* functions without docs in
pc-win.el.

> So for now, I sync'ed the doc strings with the X sources.

Thanks.

It still leaves the initial problem I noticed of the argument names
being lost. I wonder if it helps if to also add the "(fn ..." part to
the end of the pc-win.el doc strings?