Subject: Re: bug#1078: 23.0.60; font faces setting ignored by emacsclient run against --daemon

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:11:39 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:22:57PM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]> writes:
>   > > But only this time I took a quick look, and you have:
>   > > (setq viper-mode t)            ;; I'm an Emacs rebel!
>   > > (require 'viper)
>   > ... bingo! Viper is the culprit, removing it font faces are set
>   > properly. Still, it is part of the standard Emacs distribution, so I
>   > guess the bug is still relevant, isn't it? I've retitled the bug
>   > report, let me know if you want me to forward it to the Viper
>   > maintainer.
> That would be probably helpful.

Hi Michael,

a while ago I've reported a bug against Emacs not respecting font-face
settings when --daemon was in use (a feature provided by current Emacs
snapshot). It has been discovered that the bug is triggered by Viper,
when it is not configured to be loaded the bug vanishes.

The full bug story is available at
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1078.

Can you maybe have a look?

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right
uno zaino        -- A.Bergonzoni \__/ keys at the right time -- J.S.Bach