Subject: bug#1078: 23.0.60; font faces setting ignored by emacsclient run against --daemon

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:34:17 +0200

retitle 1078 23.0.60; font faces setting ignored by emacsclient vs --daemon, when Viper mode is loaded

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 06:30:45AM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Normally we ask people to debug their own .emacs...

I fully understand, I attached them only because (I thought) I was
asked that. Anyhow thanks for trying, and in fact ...

> But only this time I took a quick look, and you have:
> (setq viper-mode t)            ;; I'm an Emacs rebel!
> (require 'viper)

... bingo! Viper is the culprit, removing it font faces are set
properly. Still, it is part of the standard Emacs distribution, so I
guess the bug is still relevant, isn't it? I've retitled the bug
report, let me know if you want me to forward it to the Viper
maintainer.

Thanks for the nice catch.
Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right
uno zaino        -- A.Bergonzoni \__/ keys at the right time -- J.S.Bach