Subject: Re: bug#1078: 23.0.60; font faces setting ignored by emacsclient run against --daemon

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:22:53 +0100

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 05:34:24PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 03:26:46AM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> >   > $ emacs --help 2>&1 | grep daemon
> > Your emacs is not up to date.

OK, now it is:

    zack@usha:~$ emacs --help|grep daemon
    --daemon                    start a server in the background
    zack@usha:~$ emacs --version |head -n 1
    GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1

> OK, thanks, I'll give a try when a new snapshot will be available and
> keep this bug posted.

Still, the problem persists: font faces are set properly in main Emacs
and in its clients, but not in clients of the daemonized Emacs.

Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the
XML stuff is so ... simplistic  -- Manoj \/ right keys at the right time