Subject: RE: bug#1077: bug#670: bug#1077: 23.0.60; x-create-frame: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:29:57 -0800

> But it's also possible that Drew's code calls `frame-parameter'.

I do call `frame-parameter'.  Below is a grep of the test files I pointed to.
Dunno whether any of those calls are relevant to this bug.

grep -nH -e frame-parameter *.el
icicles-cmd1.el:4419:  (cdr (assq 'name (frame-parameters (next-frame
(selected-frame))))) nil
icicles-cmd1.el:4456:      (setq fname  (frame-parameter fr 'name))
icicles-cmd1.el:4886:                (cdr (assq 'buffer-list
(frame-parameters))))
icicles-cmd2.el:329:  (lambda (font) (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list
(cons 'font font)))) ; Action function
icicles-cmd2.el:337:   (orig-font            (frame-parameter nil 'font))
icicles-cmd2.el:340:   (orig-menu-bar        (assq 'menu-bar-lines
(frame-parameters orig-frame))))
icicles-cmd2.el:342:  (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list '(menu-bar-lines
. 0)))
icicles-cmd2.el:343:  (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list (cons 'font
orig-font) orig-menu-bar)) ; Undo code.
icicles-cmd2.el:344:  (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list orig-menu-bar)))
; Last code.
icicles-cmd2.el:412:    (modify-frame-parameters
icicles-cmd2.el:417:   (orig-bg                            (frame-parameter nil
'background-color))
icicles-cmd2.el:431:  (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list (cons
'background-color orig-bg))) ; Undo code
icicles-cmd2.el:439:    (modify-frame-parameters
icicles-cmd2.el:444:   (orig-bg                            (frame-parameter nil
'foreground-color))
icicles-cmd2.el:458:  (modify-frame-parameters orig-frame (list (cons
'foreground-color orig-bg))) ; Undo code
icicles-mac.el:222:           (cdr (assq 'buffer-list (frame-parameters))))
icicles-mcmd.el:4845:          (modify-frame-parameters
icicles-mcmd.el:6806:                   (eq (cdr (assoc 'minibuffer
(frame-parameters this-frame)))
icicles-opt.el:1966:                       (let ((frame-bg  (cdr (assq
'background-color (frame-parameters)))))
icicles-opt.el:3115:     frame-parameters  frame-pixel-height  frame-pixel-width
frame-root-window
oneonone.el:152:;;  frame-parameter alists.  They are defined using `defvar',
not
oneonone.el:416:;;     1on1-set-minibuffer-frame-top/bottom: Rewrote with
modify-frame-parameters.
oneonone.el:423:;;     Changed some individual frame-parameter variables from
defcustom to defvar.
oneonone.el:1257:        (modify-frame-parameters 1on1-minibuffer-frame
1on1-minibuffer-frame-alist)
oneonone.el:1329:To get the frame's current cursor type, use
`frame-parameters'."
oneonone.el:1333:  (modify-frame-parameters (selected-frame) (list (cons
'cursor-type cursor-type))))
oneonone.el:1337:  (let ((type (cdr (assoc 'cursor-type (frame-parameters)))))
oneonone.el:1407:      (modify-frame-parameters
oneonone.el:1425:    (modify-frame-parameters
oneonone.el:1456:                                 (frame-parameter nil
'background-color)
oneonone.el:1469:                               (frame-parameter nil
'background-color)