Subject: RE: bug#1077: 23.0.60; x-create-frame: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 07:13:45 -0800

>  > and (b) it should be possible for the
>  > `Minibuf' menu-bar menu to be shown when you use a 
>  > standalone minibuffer frame.
> 
> You mean a Minibuf entry from some other "normal" frame?  

I meant shown in the minibuffer frame's menu bar.

But I think I also mentioned being able to show the `Minibuf' menu in all other
frames, as an alternative (e.g. while waiting to get a minibuffer-frame menu
bar).  So no, that's not what I was saying, but yes, that too.

> When you go to such an entry with the mouse you very likely 
> automatically select the associated frame too

Not sure that matters, even it it's true.  And it's not difficult to fix that
menu's behavior to select the minibuffer window if it's not selected.

> and probably get some very convoluted semantics wrt
> the selected frame.

=?

> Besides, what would you do when there's no "normal" frame?

No frame that has a menu bar means no menu bar, so no `Minibuf' menu-bar menu.
Nothing new here.