Subject: uniq

From: "Gerrie Myburgh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 06:41:23 +0200

Hi,

There seems to be a bug in uniq. To duplicate:

Use attached file and  run it through uniq with -d. It then gives no
output. If uniq is run without a flag then the original file is output
from uniq.

Gerrie@GerrieM /cygdrive/c/adhoc/vodacom

$ uniq -d a.txt

Gerrie@GerrieM /cygdrive/c/adhoc/vodacom

Gerrie@GerrieM /cygdrive/c/adhoc/vodacom

$ uniq a.txt

084699880820120120100749

084800053520120120100741

084800053520120120100741

Gerrie@GerrieM /cygdrive/c/adhoc/vodacom

$ uniq --version

uniq (GNU coreutils) 8.10

Packaged by Cygwin (8.10-1)

Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie.

This happens in the current version  as well as 8-15-1.

Gerrie Myburgh, Software Developer

www.bbd.co.za <http://www.bbd.co.za> 

Nashua Mobile (Pty) Ltd

42 James Crescent, Halfway House, Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa.

This e-mail is confidential and subject to the disclaimer published on
the BBD website <http://www.bbd.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm> .