Subject: Dependency tracking looses libtool on OpenIndiana.

From: Mats Erik Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:51:41 +0100

Hello there,

when building libgpg-error on OpenIndiana, I observe myself,
as well as the autobuilder at http://hydra.nixos.org/, that
libtool misbehaves in the configuration step, should the
switch "--disable-dependency-tracking" be active.

With this switch activated, the last claim is

   $ ./configure --disable-static --prefix=/tmp/roen \
        --disable-dependency-tracking
   ...
   ./config.status[1401]: shift: (null): bad number

and "./libtool" will be missing. Removing said option switch
will remove the error and also properly install "./libtool".
Thus preparing for a successful build step later on.

The offending code passage, generated by "aclocal.m4", is this

 ##### config.status

       # are listed without --file. Let's play safe and only enable the eval
       # if we detect the quoting.

1397   case $CONFIG_FILES in
1398   *\'*) eval set x "$CONFIG_FILES" ;;
1399   *) set x $CONFIG_FILES ;;
1400   esac

1401   shift
1402   for mf
1403   do

Regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson