Subject: bug#10762: Dependency tracking looses libtool on OpenIndiana.

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:28:41 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
>
> A closer inspection reveals that the libtool project is doing
> well in distroying its own code: the variable ECHO is defined,
> byt is never used. Instead there are numerous "$echo" in use.
> Care to admit being the culprit?

Clearly some bad-weed has entered the picture.  Libtool 2.4.2 does not 
contain or produce any instances of '$echo'.  It only uses '$ECHO'.

It sounds like archaic libtool (pre libtool 2.2) and modern libtool m4 
code is being intermingled.  These problems were common back when 
libtool 2.2 was being introduced.  It seems that you have opened a 
time capsule from 2008.

Please make sure that your autotools are installed consistently (under 
the same prefix) and that any libtool .m4 files in the source tree are 
for the libtool being used.  Please make sure that you are using 
current released versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool before 
reporting a bug against them.

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/