Subject: Re: bug#10760: 24.0.93; [patch] Convert artist-mode to use define-minor-mode

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:57:44 -0500

>>> In summary:
>>> Updated artist-mode to use define-minor-mode.
>>> As a consequence, artist-mode-init-hook and artist-mode-exit-hook were
>>> removed from artist-mode-init and artist-mode-exit, because d-m-m creates
>>> artist-mode-hook, and runs it when the mode is turned on or off.
>>> Documentation was updated to reflect this.
>> Looks good, please install, and thank you,
> I don't have write access atm, although I have signed the FSF papers and
> have contributed to emacs before (adwaita-theme.el). 
> I have created an account on savannah and will request formal inclusion
> if given the go-ahead.

Actually, I wasn't thinking: while your patch is fine, it can't be
installed now because we're in feature freeze and this is not really
bug-fix.
Please bring it up again in a couple months when we open the trunk for
development again (hopefully soonish).

        Stefan