Subject: RE: bug#10753: 24.0.50; Vc-rcs under Windows does not make buffer or file read-only when file is checked in

From: Mathias Dahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:47:57 +0100

> It works for me with the current trunk under GNU/Linux.
> Either this is MS Windows-specific, or...

It works for me on Ubuntu GNU/Linux as well. I have tried to debug it and I haven't 
been able to arrive at a conclusion (hence this bug report) myself, but I am pretty
sure it has to do with the fact that it runs under Windows. For some reason, vs-rcs
is not able to set the file read-only after a check in or "register file" operation, like
under GNU/Linux.

I think one of the more experienced Emacs developers who has access to Windows
Will be able to recreate and find the cause quite easily. For me, vs-rcs is a bit to...
messy to understand.

>... that is fairly old. Please try the latest 24.0.9x pretest from

Sorry for that. I do use a newer version but I happened to use the older version
for reporting the bug. I have the same problem with the pretest from the middle of
January.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

/Mathias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and for use only by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
us immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Any use or disclosure
of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. As internet
communications are not secure, we do not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message nor responsibility for any change made to this
message after it was sent by the original sender. We advise you to carry out
your own virus check as we cannot accept liability for damage resulting from
software viruses.