Subject: Re: colours in client on xterm (if an X frame is open at same time)

From: sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 23:48:45 -0500

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg00454.html

I've not been able to find record of this bug anywhere, and no one in
#emacs seemed to have any sense of this bug. My research. I (first)
experienced this bug had this bug in a build from the bzr trunk with the
Lucid toolkit.

(See the following blog post to describe why I'm using lucid rather than
GTK: http://tychoish.com/rhizome/persistent-emacs-daemons/)

I'm willing to provide a copy of my package or whatever you require.

Cheers,
sam

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Sam Kleinman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >> I could not reproduce this behavior, and yet I've seen something
> >> vaguely similar: I generally have running an emacs that I've started
> >> via "emacs -nw"; I connect to it with "emacsclient --tty" (and then
> >> disconnect) a few times a day.  That works fine, with no strange
> >> colors.  But occasionally I connect to it via "emacsclient -c", which
> >> itself works fine -- but thenceforth, console frames that I create
> >> with "emacsclient --tty" have a light-colored background -- and
> >> killing the X frame doesn't fix that problem.  Only restarting emacs
> >> fixes it.
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just ran across this exact problem for the first time in a new
> > emacs-lucid-bzr build, and I have no clue what happened to cause it or
> > what my configuration is causing this.
> >
> > Are you still having this problem? What have you done to work around
> > this? Is this something that I should reopen a thread on some mailing
> > list?

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 06:15:58PM -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I no longer use "emacsclient --tty", so I haven't had the opportunity
> to see this.

> > Cheers,
> > sam