Subject: bug#10746: ImageMagick and priority of image loaders

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:25:42 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> The Emacs Lisp manual used to say (I'm going to comment it out, for the
> reasons given in this report):
>
>     There may be overlap between image loaders in your Emacs
>     installation, and you may prefer to use a different one for a given
>     image type (which loader will be used in practice depends on the
>     priority of the loaders). For example, if you never want to use the
>     ImageMagick loader to use JPEG files, add @code{JPG} to this list.
>
> Firstly, I don't understand what this means. What does it means for
> there to be multiple "image loaders" in Emacs, and how is their priority
> determined? (Also, do I have to add JPEG as well, since
> imagemagick-types returns both JPG and JPEG?)

This doesn't seem to be in the manual any more, and the rest of the bug
report doesn't seem to have any concrete bugs, so I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no